WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is a system of clear aligner trays that are custom-made to fit each patient’s teeth. Each tray is made of a clear, medical-grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. Patients begin by wearing the first tray and swapping it out for subsequent trays as directed by the doctor. With each tray slightly different than the one before it, the teeth gradually move into their designated final positions.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
In addition to being nearly unseen when worn, the removable Invisalign tray systems offer much more to patients looking for an alternative solution to traditional metal braces:
- Easily removable trays allow for more effective brushing and flossing
- No food restrictions
- Greater comfort with no wires or brackets to irritate the mouth
- Greater convenience with fewer in-office appointments
- Easy to use at nearly any stage of life
- Invisalign process is easy to follow for patients
Invisalign for Teens – Although many people seem to think Invisalign is just for adults, it works the same no matter what mouth it is in. Teeth move the same way in adults as they do in children and teens, so if you think your child is responsible enough to wear the trays the required 22 hours per day, ask about Invisalign as an option for your treatment today!